My trip to Torres del Paine!


 Since I was little, my family and I have always enjoyed traveling around Chile, we have visited Malalcahuello, San Pedro de Atacama, Pucón, and many more! especially the south of our country, but our trip to Puerto Natales and Torres del Paine was, by far, my favorite.

We had to travel from Rancagua to Santiago and then form Santiago to Puerto Natales, this was the least enjoyable part of the trip, at least for me, I dont like flying, I get scared, and it´s worse when I have to fly over the ocean. When we finally arrived we had to take a bus to Puerto Natales and it was so cool because we found a lot of sheep, there was so many and they blocked our way, but it was so fun!, I remember it so vividly. after about an hour we arrived and went to leave our stuff at the hostel, after that we went to a restaurant immediately, I was so hungry I could have eaten a rock, I ordered salmon and it was the best salmon I have ever eaten in my entire life!

the next day we went to see the glaciers Balmaceda and Serrano, the scenery was beautiful and when we were near the glacier they gave us whisky with glacier ice, well... I was underage so they gave me a coca cola, I didn't complain tho, I love coca cola. we also visited the glacier Perito Moreno located in Santa Cruz, argentina, it was very beautiful too, but it was shocking to see how different Argentina was in terms of accessibiliy, there were paths and elevators for the disabled, I hope we can do that in Chile someday, I think it´s important that anyone can enjoy the landscape.

That was the first time I visited Puerto natales, we couldn´t visit Torres del Paine because I went with my grandparents and the walk was too difficult for them, But when I went the second time we were able to climb up to the towers, it took 9 hours in total, we arrived very early and went with a guide, but I walk very fast so I lost track of him, It was a very long and hard walk, I didn´t get as tired as I expected, but still. When I was close to the towers the path turned very rocky and almost had to climb but at the end of it were the Torres del Paine and almost cried from how beautiful it was, it was really breathtaking. Then we had to climb down and thats when I felt the 5 hours I had spent walking, every part of my body was hurting, and it took so long but it was really worth it, my mom even saw a puma! 

I leave you a photo that I took, thanks for reading :)

Comentarios

  1. Woww! you have made a very long trip to visit those beautiful places, how does it feel to travel with the family?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. how nice, I have always wanted to know torres del paine.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Emi's introduction

My visit to grey glacier